Top General Homework and Reference Resources:
- Homeworkspot.com - HomeworkSpot.com is a free information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites together with engaging editorial in one high-utility, educational spot.
- Internet Public Library Homework Links - one of the best school and homework sites - created by librarians.
- iTools - a selection of the best websites for quick research answers (dictionaries / conversion tools / search engines)
- Libraryspot.com - extensive links and reference resources.
- Multnomah County Library Homework Center - Get quick research answers from librarians by text or chat. Also contains an extensive list of homework-focused databases.
- Points of View - Learn about issues of the day, and compare opposing viewpoints, a great resource for paper writing.
- Quoteland - find quotes and the history behind them, searchable by subject or author.
- Refdesk.com - clearinghouse of websites, categorized by subject or grade level.
- Schmoop - Learning Guides, Shmoop College Readiness and Shmoop Test Prep balance a teen-friendly, approachable style with academically rigorous materials to help students understand how subjects relate to their daily lives.
- Virtual Reference Shelf – Selected Web resources compiled by the Library of Congress.
- Activities for ESL Students
- Daily Page for Students of English
- English Club
- The Internet Picture Dictionary
- Karin's ESL Partyland Quiz Center
- Ohio ESL: Reading Activities
- Online Writing Lab
- English as a Second Language
- English at Home
- English Club
- English Language Listening Lab Online
- The ESL Quiz Center
- Interesting Things for ESL Students
- VOANews: Special English
- Language Learning Library
Help With Writing a Paper:
- APA Style.org – Covers commonly asked questions regarding how to cite electronic media.
- Evaluating Web Resources
- Researching & Documenting Sources
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab: